We have had two fabulous winter weddings this year, already, and just wrapped a beautiful December wedding for Karissa and Ryan this past weekend. So, we had to take a moment to reminisce some of our past couples & our FAVORITE details we see this time of year! Here are 3 Things we love about Winter Weddings…
Photo by Susan Jackson Photography
- Incorporating Natural Elements
- This time of year, we hear our couples saying they want to include all the elements that make winter so beautiful! We’ve helped to incorporate natural wood pieces, sprigs of pine, snowy white branches, wood burning fire pits, and then some! We love working in these outdoor elements as they make each wedding stand out from the rest, in their own unique way! They create a warm and welcoming setting as guests come in from the cold.
Photo by Sara Ackermann Photography
- The Fashion & Cozy Details
- Winter is the best time for luxurious accessories (furs, muffs, shawls, just to name a few) – they make for fabulous photos!
- We love working with our brides to come up with some fun, cozy details as well! Just recently, our sweet couple welcomed their guests with Hot Cider before they were invited outside for the ceremony (in the brisk air, we might add)! Their guests also received comfy, fleece blankets draped on their chairs to stay warm – so special!
- As the sun sets much earlier this time of year, we know that candlelight and well placed lighting throughout the space can really work wonders! This is one area, we think, should never be overlooked!
- We also find that winter nuptials also call for really stunning linens! Think sparkling overlays, luxurious velvet, white satin – so gorgeous!
Photo by Cory + Jackie
- More Availability & Anticipation
- In the winter months, you are much more likely to have the top pick of your favorite vendors and venues. In some instances, you may even save a buck or two!
- Not only will you likely have the top pick of your favorite vendors, your guests will also have lighter schedules in the winter months as well – win win! I assure you that guests will be awaiting your wedding all year long & let’s be honest, the best dressed guests are seen in the winter!
- After the holidays end, everyone tends to be a little sad. So, why not plan your celebration directly following the new year to add some lengthened cheer!? We think this is genius!
Photo by Ivan & Louise
Be sure to keep up with our Facebook page to see our most recent & incredible Winter Weddings! We’re so excited to share them with you!